The basic plank exercise, also called a hover, is the starting place if you want to improve your core strength and stability.
- Begin in the plank position with your forearms and toes on the floor
- Keep your torso straight and rigid and your body in a straight line from ears to toes with no sagging or bending
- Your head is relaxed and you should be looking at the floor
- Hold this position for 10 seconds to start
- Over time work up to 30, 45 or 60 seconds
Repeat 4 times, twice daily
EDUCATION MEMBERSHIP PLANS
See All Blogs
How to Locate, Test and Stretch the Psaos Muscle
About the Psoas Muscle The psoas muscle, also known as the iliopsoas muscle, is a deep-seated muscle located in the lower part of the torso, stretching from the lumbar spine...
Rehab and Injury Prevention for Wrist and Elbow Pain
Myofascial Trigger Points (MTPs) are ubiquitous, and myofascial pain affects as much as 85% of the population at some time in their life The impact of myofascial pain on...
Trigger Point Therapy | Treating Soleus | Injury Assessment | Self Help Tips
From a dynamic postural viewpoint, the soleus prevents the body falling forward at the ankle joint during standing In gait, the muscle eccentrically decelerates subtalar joint pronation and internal rotation...