Soleus Muscle Stretch
- To stretch the soleus muscle, the back leg should be bent
- Place the leg to be stretched behind and lean against a wall keeping the heel down
- A stretch should be felt lower down nearer the ankle at the back of the leg
- If this stretch is not felt then a more advanced version is to place the forefoot of the front leg against the wall with the heel on the floor and push the front knee towards the wall
- Hold for 30-50 seconds repeat 3 times one each leg
3 times each side, twice daily
EDUCATION MEMBERSHIP PLANS
See All Blogs
How to Locate, Test and Stretch the Psaos Muscle
About the Psoas Muscle The psoas muscle, also known as the iliopsoas muscle, is a deep-seated muscle located in the lower part of the torso, stretching from the lumbar spine...
Rehab and Injury Prevention for Wrist and Elbow Pain
Myofascial Trigger Points (MTPs) are ubiquitous, and myofascial pain affects as much as 85% of the population at some time in their life The impact of myofascial pain on...
Trigger Point Therapy | Treating Soleus | Injury Assessment | Self Help Tips
From a dynamic postural viewpoint, the soleus prevents the body falling forward at the ankle joint during standing In gait, the muscle eccentrically decelerates subtalar joint pronation and internal rotation...