McKenzie Extension Exercise
Technique Start position:
• Lie on your stomach, and prop yourself on your elbows, lengthening your spine
• Keep your shoulders back and neck long
• Keeping your neck long, arch your back up by pushing down on your hands
• You should feel a gentle stretch in the stomach muscles as you arch backwards
- Breathe and hold for 5 to 10 seconds
- Return to the starting position
Repeat 3 times, twice daily
EDUCATION MEMBERSHIP PLANS
See All Blogs
How to Locate, Test and Stretch the Psaos Muscle
About the Psoas Muscle The psoas muscle, also known as the iliopsoas muscle, is a deep-seated muscle located in the lower part of the torso, stretching from the lumbar spine...
Rehab and Injury Prevention for Wrist and Elbow Pain
Myofascial Trigger Points (MTPs) are ubiquitous, and myofascial pain affects as much as 85% of the population at some time in their life The impact of myofascial pain on...
Trigger Point Therapy | Treating Soleus | Injury Assessment | Self Help Tips
From a dynamic postural viewpoint, the soleus prevents the body falling forward at the ankle joint during standing In gait, the muscle eccentrically decelerates subtalar joint pronation and internal rotation...