Knee to Chest Stretch
- Lie on your back on a mat or the carpet
- Place a small flat cushion or book under your head
- Bend your knees and keep your feet straight and hip-width apart
- Keep your upper body relaxed and your chin gently tucked in
- Bend one knee up towards your chest and grasp your knee with both hands
- Slowly increase this stretch as comfort allows
- Hold for 20-30 seconds with controlled deep breaths
- Do not tense up through the neck, chest or shoulders
- Only stretch as far as is comfortable
Variation: Grasp both knees and press into chest
Repeat three times, alternating legs, twice daily
EDUCATION MEMBERSHIP PLANS
See All Blogs
How to Locate, Test and Stretch the Psaos Muscle
About the Psoas Muscle The psoas muscle, also known as the iliopsoas muscle, is a deep-seated muscle located in the lower part of the torso, stretching from the lumbar spine...
Rehab and Injury Prevention for Wrist and Elbow Pain
Myofascial Trigger Points (MTPs) are ubiquitous, and myofascial pain affects as much as 85% of the population at some time in their life The impact of myofascial pain on...
Trigger Point Therapy | Treating Soleus | Injury Assessment | Self Help Tips
From a dynamic postural viewpoint, the soleus prevents the body falling forward at the ankle joint during standing In gait, the muscle eccentrically decelerates subtalar joint pronation and internal rotation...