Sciatic Mobilizing Stretch
- Lie on your back
- Place a small flat cushion or book under your head
- Bend your knees and keep your feet straight and hip-width apart
- Keep your upper body relaxed and your chin gently tucked in
- Bend one knee up towards your chest and grasp your hamstring with both hands below the knee
- Slowly straighten the knee while bringing your foot towards you
- Hold for 20-30 seconds, taking deep breaths
- Bend the knee and return to the starting position
- Don’t press your low back down into the floor as you stretch
- Only stretch as far as is comfortable, and stop immediately if you feel any pain, numbness or tingling
Repeat two or three times, alternating legs, twice daily
EDUCATION MEMBERSHIP PLANS
See All Blogs
How to Locate, Test and Stretch the Psaos Muscle
About the Psoas Muscle The psoas muscle, also known as the iliopsoas muscle, is a deep-seated muscle located in the lower part of the torso, stretching from the lumbar spine...
Rehab and Injury Prevention for Wrist and Elbow Pain
Myofascial Trigger Points (MTPs) are ubiquitous, and myofascial pain affects as much as 85% of the population at some time in their life The impact of myofascial pain on...
Trigger Point Therapy | Treating Soleus | Injury Assessment | Self Help Tips
From a dynamic postural viewpoint, the soleus prevents the body falling forward at the ankle joint during standing In gait, the muscle eccentrically decelerates subtalar joint pronation and internal rotation...