- Stand on the edge of a ledge (somewhere stable like the stairs or the gutter is ideal).
- You will need to have enough of your foot on the edge of the ledge so that it does not slip off.
- Make sure you are stable, this will allow you to hold your stretch for a longer period (better quality of stretch).
- Lower both heels over the edge of the ledge.
- Try lowering one leg at a time. This increases the weight on the calf muscle and increases the intensity of the stretch.
- To specifically target the Soleus muscle bend both knees.
- You will feel the stretch move lower and to the inside of the shin.
• Hold stretch for between 30-50 seconds, 3 times each side every two to three hours.