Assessing and Treating Low Back Pain (7.5 hrs)
Treating Mechanical Low Back Pain: A Contemporary Approach
This (7-10 hour) self-paced online course is for therapists who wish to broaden their skills in the treatment of low back pain.
Experience an in-depth exploration into the modern holistic approaches for treating mechanical low back pain in this groundbreaking online course. Led by esteemed physical therapist, Paul Townley PT, this course offers a comprehensive dive into the bio-psycho-social model of assessment and treatment. Through extensive demonstrations on patient models, participants will witness firsthand the seamless integration of biomechanical understanding with the psychological and social dimensions of pain.
This course is tailored for massage and manual therapists looking to augment their current methodologies, offering fresh, contemporary perspectives and techniques that resonate with the complexities of the human experience.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Comprehend the Bio-Psycho-Social Model: Understand the intricate interplay between the biological, psychological, and social dimensions of mechanical low back pain.
- Master Holistic Assessment Techniques: Implement comprehensive assessment methods that take into account the whole patient, not just their physical symptoms.
- Execute Modern Treatment Approaches: Utilize contemporary, evidence-based treatment strategies and techniques specific to mechanical low back pain.
- Analyze Case Demonstrations: Critically appraise and interpret the extensive demonstrations provided on patient models, replicating effective techniques in their own practice.
- Enhance Therapeutic Communication: Cultivate advanced communication skills to better understand the psychological and social factors influencing a patient's pain experience.
- Foster Patient Engagement and Compliance: Develop strategies to motivate and guide patients in their therapeutic journey, optimizing outcomes.
Immerse yourself in a transformative learning experience that marries the art and science of manual therapy. With Paul Townley PT as your guide, elevate your treatment approaches and amplify the positive impact you make in your patients' lives.
Fully illustrated "Therapists Guide to Low Back Pain" text
33 online video classes presented by Paul Townley PTWatch anytime online on any device (PC, Mac, Tablet, Phone)
Online Exam comprising multiple choice questions
See table below for other CEU accreditationsExam does not need to be completed in any one sitting. You may save your answers as you go along and return to continue at any time - internet connection required
Manual Therapists, Massage Therapists, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Occupational Therapists, Trigger Point Therapists, Body Workers, Athletic Trainers, Exercise and Fitness Professionals.
|Massage Therapists & Bodyworkers (NCBTMB)||7.5 CEU|
|Canadian Massage Therapists (CMMOTA formerly RMTA) - Alberta||3.0 CECs|
|College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO)||7.5 CE Hours|
|American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA)||7.5 CE Hours|
|Natural Health Practitioners of Canada (NHPC)||7.5 CE Hours|
|Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba (MTAM)||7.5 Core|
|Massage Therapists’ Association of Nova Scotia (MTANS)||7.5 CEs|
|Alabama Board of Physical Therapy||7.5 CE Hours|
|College of Chiropractors of British Columbia (CCBC)||7.5 CE Hours|
|Iowa Board of Chiropractic (IDPH)||7.5 CE Hours|
|Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy (OT/OTA) - CE Broker (“Patient Related”)||7.5 CEs|
|Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners (OT/OTA) - CE Broker (“Related to the Clinical Practice of Occupational Therapy”)||7.5 CEs|
|Florida Board of Massage Therapy (LMT) - CE Broker (“General”)||7.5 CEs|
|Georgia Board of Massage Therapy (LMT) - CE Broker (“General”)||7.5 CEs|
|Georgia Board of Nursing (LPN/RPN) - CE Broker (“General”)||7.5 CEs|
|Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy (OT/OTA) - CE Broker (“General Continuing Education”)||7.5 CEs|
|Tennessee Board of Massage Licensure (LMT) - CE Broker (“CE relevant to the practice of Massage Therapy”)||7.5 CEs|
|Continuing Education Hours||7.5 CE Hours|
|CPD (UK)||7.5 Hrs|
NAT Diploma Course - Therapists Guide to Low Back Pain. Includes lifetime access to all online course assets (4k video classes, course text, exam, certification). All course assets may be accessed online via any device.