Bowen Basics - with John Wilks
Disclaimer and Warning Notice
The techniques demonstrated in this course may only ever be performed by a suitably qualified healthcare professional.
Taking this course does not grant you any form of license to practice manual therapy. Do not practice any form of manual therapy unless it falls within your professional scope of practice.
Depending on where you practice, you may be required by law to meet certain criteria for practicing manual therapy, even if you are a qualified medical or healthcare practitioner.
If you are not sure about the laws and regulations governing the practice of manual therapy in your area, you must make the necessary enquiries to ensure that you meet any and all requirements that may be in place.
If you are unsure, please contact your professional organization or licensing board.
How to Complete This Course
1. View the video tutorials in the video player above in the order they are listed (where applicable).
2. Study the course workbook in your own time, in tandem with the video classes, or as directed.
3. Review all of the course material several times to ensure understanding. You will be examined on all course material.
4. Complete the course exam.
5. On passing the course exam you will receive an email with your certificate which you may download and print.
- Understand the Foundations of Bowen Therapy: Gain clarity on the underlying science and philosophy of Bowen Therapy, grasping its unique place within the therapeutic landscape.
- Recognize the Mechanisms of Bowen Therapy: Develop a comprehensive understanding of how Bowen Therapy affects the body's healing processes and the specific benefits it brings.
- Master Client Assessment Skills: Enhance abilities to perform in-depth client assessments, ensuring tailor-made treatment plans that respond to individual needs.
- Learn and Apply Primary Bowen Procedures: Acquire practical skills in executing core Bowen techniques, understanding the nuances that distinguish the Bowen approach to muscle and tissue manipulation.
- Interpret Subtle Client Cues: Fine-tune observation skills to discern the often-subtle signs and signals from clients' bodies, leading to more precise and responsive treatment.
- Cultivate a Therapeutic Alliance: Delve into the psychological and emotional dimensions of the practitioner-client relationship, and learn to build trust, rapport, and empathy.
- Integrate Bowen into Existing Practice: Identify opportunities and methods to seamlessly integrate Bowen techniques into one's current therapeutic practice.
- Stay Informed on Best Practices: Engage with the most recent insights, methods, and best practices in Bowen Therapy, ensuring treatments are contemporary and effective.
- Promote Client-Centered Therapy: Embrace a holistic approach to Bowen Therapy, emphasizing clients' holistic well-being, including their emotional and psychological health.
- Benefit from Expert Mentorship: Leverage the deep expertise and extensive experience of John Wilks, translating his teachings into practical applications in one's therapeutic journey.
Help and Support
If you ever need help, you can always contact our awesome help team .
Just click on "Help" at the top or bottom of every page of our website.
Our help team work every day Mon-Fri. Please note that we do not work weekends or public holidays.
We will always respond within one working day.
Click here to take the exam. Once you pass the exam you may request a certificate (see below).
Apply for a Certificate
When you have successfully completed the exam you may click on the button below to request your free certificate.