Injury Free Running - NAT Certification Course
Disclaimer and Warning Notice
The techniques demonstrated in this course may only ever be performed by a suitably qualified healthcare professional.
Taking this course does not grant you any form of license to practice manual therapy. Do not practice any form of manual therapy unless it falls within your professional scope of practice.
Depending on where you practice, you may be required by law to meet certain criteria for practicing manual therapy, even if you are a qualified medical or healthcare practitioner.
If you are not sure about the laws and regulations governing the practice of manual therapy in your area, you must make the necessary enquiries to ensure that you meet any and all requirements that may be in place.
If you are unsure, please contact your professional organization or licensing board.
Your purchase includes lifetime access to all course assets including any future updates.
You will need your unique URL to access the course each time, so please bookmark this or keep a copy of your order confirmation email which contains your URL.
If you misplace your URL at any time, please contact our help team and we'll quickly send you a replacement URL.
How to Complete This Course
1. View the video tutorials in the video player above in the order they are listed (where applicable).
2. Study the course workbook in your own time, in tandem with the video classes, or as directed.
3. Review all of the course material several times to ensure understanding. You will be examined on all course material.
4. Complete the course exam.
5. On passing the course exam you will receive an email with your certificate which you may download and print.
1. Foundational Knowledge of Running Biomechanics:
- Understand the mechanics of proper running form and how it influences injury risk.
2. Injury Awareness:
- Recognize common running injuries, their causes, and symptoms.
3. Prevention Strategies:
- Implement key strategies and techniques to reduce the risk of running injuries.
4. Importance of Warm-Up and Cool-Down:
- Learn and apply effective warm-up and cool-down routines tailored to runners to prepare the body for workouts and aid recovery.
5. Strength Training for Runners:
- Integrate targeted strength training exercises into a runner's routine to build resilience and reduce injury susceptibility.
6. Flexibility and Mobility:
- Incorporate specific stretches and mobility exercises to enhance joint health, muscle flexibility, and overall running performance.
7. Footwear and Equipment Insights:
- Evaluate the role of running shoes, insoles, and other equipment in injury prevention and understand how to choose the right gear.
8. Nutrition and Hydration for Injury Prevention:
- Grasp the importance of proper nutrition and hydration strategies for runners to support muscle recovery and reduce injury risks.
9. Mental Wellness and Mindfulness:
- Appreciate the role of mental wellness in injury prevention, understanding stressors that can lead to injury, and techniques for mindful running.
10. Customized Training Plans:
- Design or modify running plans that take into account individual capabilities, goals, and health conditions, ensuring sustainable progress without injury.
11. Recovery Techniques:
- Introduce various recovery modalities like foam rolling, massage, and active recovery to facilitate faster recovery post-run.
12. Return-to-Run Protocols:
- Navigate injury recovery phases, understanding when and how to safely return to running after an injury.
By the end of this course, participants should be equipped with the skills and knowledge to help their clients pursue their running aspirations with a reduced risk of injuries, benefiting from expert insights and recommendations from Performance Coach Stephanie Hnatiuk.
Help and Support
If you ever need help, you can always contact our awesome help team .
Just click on "Help" at the top or bottom of every page of our website.
Our help team work every day Mon-Fri. Please note that we do not work weekends or public holidays.
We will always respond within one working day.
Click here to take the exam. Once you pass the exam you may request a certificate (see below).
Apply for a Certificate
When you have successfully completed the exam you may click on the button below to request your free certificate.