Lower Back Exercise for Pregnancy
To release pressure around your sacrum - between your lower back and glutes area.
- Start by sitting on a mat with legs crossed.
- Place foam roller under your bottom so that you are sitting on it and place your feet flat in front of you.
- Then walk forward a little so that the foam roller is on the flat spot of your low lower back.
- Relax your shoulders and relax your hips into the foam roller.
- Roll gently backwards and forwards over the same spot.
- Do a slight wiggle to release the fascia that is causing the tightness in the lower back.
- Then roll gently backwards and forwards over the same spot again and then wiggle.
- Repeat a few times.
EDUCATION MEMBERSHIP PLANS
See All Blogs
How to Locate, Test and Stretch the Psaos Muscle
About the Psoas Muscle The psoas muscle, also known as the iliopsoas muscle, is a deep-seated muscle located in the lower part of the torso, stretching from the lumbar spine...
Rehab and Injury Prevention for Wrist and Elbow Pain
Myofascial Trigger Points (MTPs) are ubiquitous, and myofascial pain affects as much as 85% of the population at some time in their life The impact of myofascial pain on...
Trigger Point Therapy | Treating Soleus | Injury Assessment | Self Help Tips
From a dynamic postural viewpoint, the soleus prevents the body falling forward at the ankle joint during standing In gait, the muscle eccentrically decelerates subtalar joint pronation and internal rotation...