Disclaimer and Warning Notice
The techniques demonstrated in this course may only ever be performed by a suitably qualified healthcare professional.
Taking this course does not grant you any form of license to practice manual therapy. Do not practice any form of manual therapy unless it falls within your professional scope of practice.
Depending on where you practice, you may be required by law to meet certain criteria for practicing manual therapy, even if you are a qualified medical or healthcare practitioner.
If you are not sure about the laws and regulations governing the practice of manual therapy in your area, you must make the necessary enquiries to ensure that you meet any and all requirements that may be in place.
If you are unsure, please contact your professional organization or licensing board.
Your purchase includes lifetime access to all course assets including any future updates.
You will need your unique URL to access the course each time, so please bookmark this or keep a copy of your order confirmation email which contains your URL.
If you misplace your URL at any time, please contact our help team and we'll quickly send you a replacement URL.
This course has not yet been accredited for CEUs. It is estimated to receive 4-6 hrs/CEUs.
Check here for details: here.
If you need help regarding any CE/CPD/CPE matter, please contact our customer help team.
How to Complete This Course
1. View the video tutorials in the video player above in the order they are listed (where applicable).
2. Study the course workbook in your own time, in tandem with the video classes, or as directed.
3. Review all of the course material several times to ensure understanding. You will be examined on all course material.
4. Complete the course exam.
5. On passing the course exam you will receive an email with your certificate which you may download and print.
- Hypermobility Overview: Attain a foundational understanding of Joint Hypermobility (JH) and the various factors influencing joint mobility.
- Differentiating Hypermobility Conditions: Distinguish between Joint Hypermobility and related conditions such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (HSD).
- Population-Specific Prevalence: Recognize the prevalence and manifestations of JH in specific groups, emphasizing professional dancers and athletes.
- Diagnostic Importance: Understand the critical role of early diagnosis of JH and recognize the potential physical and psychological repercussions of undiagnosed or misdiagnosed JH.
- Dual Nature of Hypermobility: Explore and understand the contrasting aspects of joint hypermobility, viewing it both as a strength and vulnerability, even in those without symptoms.
- Assessment Mastery: Acquire proficiency in using key assessment tools for JH and Generalized Joint Hypermobility (GJH), such as the Beighton Score.
- In-depth Syndrome Exploration: Delve into the specifics of various hypermobility disorders and syndromes, including but not limited to Ehlers–Danlos syndromes, Marfan syndrome, and Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
- Genetic Factors: Develop an understanding of gene mutations responsible for Heritable Disorders of Connective Tissue (HDCT) and their implications.
- Symptomatic Joint Hypermobility: Investigate the comprehensive clinical presentation of Symptomatic Joint Hypermobility (SJH), understanding its musculoskeletal effects, types of pain, other manifestations, and coexisting conditions.
- Clinical Management: Gain the skills to recognize when further investigation is essential and learn the foundational principles for managing JH effectively within a clinical practice.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be empowered with a holistic understanding of Joint Hypermobility, enabling them to effectively identify, assess, and manage JH within their professional purview.
Help and Support
If you ever need help, you can always contact our awesome help team .
Just click on "Help" at the top or bottom of every page of our website.
Our help team work every day Mon-Fri. Please note that we do not work weekends or public holidays.
We will always respond within one working day.
Click here to take the exam. Once you pass the exam you may request a certificate (see below).
Apply for a Certificate
When you have successfully completed the exam you may click on the button below to request your free certificate.