Equine Massage: Horse Massage and Stretching
Disclaimer and Warning Notice
The techniques demonstrated in this course may only ever be performed by a suitably qualified healthcare professional.
Taking this course does not grant you any form of license to practice manual therapy. Do not practice any form of manual therapy unless it falls within your professional scope of practice.
Depending on where you practice, you may be required by law to meet certain criteria for practicing manual therapy, even if you are a qualified medical or healthcare practitioner.
If you are not sure about the laws and regulations governing the practice of manual therapy in your area, you must make the necessary enquiries to ensure that you meet any and all requirements that may be in place.
If you are unsure, please contact your professional organization or licensing board.
Your purchase includes lifetime access to all course assets including any future updates.
You will need your unique URL to access the course each time, so please bookmark this or keep a copy of your order confirmation email which contains your URL.
If you misplace your URL at any time, please contact our help team and we'll quickly send you a replacement URL.
This course has not yet been accredited for CE.
See here for updates.
If you need help regarding any CE/CPD/CPE matter, please contact our customer help team.
How to Complete This Course
1. View the video tutorials in the video player above in the order they are listed (where applicable).
2. Study the course workbook in your own time, in tandem with the video classes, or as directed.
3. Review all of the course material several times to ensure understanding. You will be examined on all course material.
4. Complete the course exam.
5. On passing the course exam you will receive an email with your certificate which you may download and print.
Upon successful completion of the "Equine Touch - Horse Massage and Stretching" online course, participants should be able to:
- Identify and describe the fundamental anatomical structures of a horse, including the major muscle groups, skeletal system, and key points of interest for massage and stretching.
- Demonstrate proper techniques for safely and effectively massaging various areas of a horse's body, including techniques for relaxation, tension relief, and targeted treatments for specific muscles.
- Apply various stretching techniques for horses to improve flexibility, enhance range of motion, and reduce the risk of injury, while understanding the correct application and benefits of each stretching method.
- Understand the principles and guidelines for effective equine manual therapy, including factors such as appropriate pressure, duration, and positioning, as well as contraindications and safety precautions.
- Assess and identify signs of discomfort or pain in horses, and tailor massage and stretching techniques to address the specific needs of each individual horse.
- Recognize the potential benefits of equine massage and stretching for overall horse health, performance, and well-being, and communicate these benefits to horse owners and caregivers.
- Utilize the comprehensive course workbook to reinforce and deepen understanding of course material, including detailed illustrations, charts, and written explanations of horse anatomy, massage techniques, and stretching methods.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ethical practice in equine manual therapy, recognizing the importance of working within the scope of practice and seeking further training or consultation as needed.
- Understand the impact of regular equine massage and stretching on the long-term health, performance, and quality of life of horses, and develop a holistic approach to equine wellness.
- Apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the course to provide effective massage and stretching treatments for horses, incorporating both theoretical understanding and practical application to achieve optimal results.
By achieving these learning objectives, participants will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to provide effective massage and stretching treatments for horses, contributing to their overall health and performance.
Help and Support
If you ever need help, you can always contact our awesome help team .
Just click on "Help" at the top or bottom of every page of our website.
Our help team work every day Mon-Fri. Please note that we do not work weekends or public holidays.
We will always respond within one working day.
Click here to take the exam. Once you pass the exam you may request a certificate (see below).
Request a Certificate
When you have successfully completed the exam you may click on the button below to request your free certificate.