Shoulder Master Course - Sue Falsone PT ATC
Disclaimer and Warning Notice
The techniques demonstrated in this course may only ever be performed by a suitably qualified healthcare professional.
Taking this course does not grant you any form of license to practice manual therapy. Do not practice any form of manual therapy unless it falls within your professional scope of practice.
Depending on where you practice, you may be required by law to meet certain criteria for practicing manual therapy, even if you are a qualified medical or healthcare practitioner.
If you are not sure about the laws and regulations governing the practice of manual therapy in your area, you must make the necessary enquiries to ensure that you meet any and all requirements that may be in place.
If you are unsure, please contact your professional organization or licensing board.
Your purchase includes lifetime access to all course assets including any future updates.
You will need your unique URL to access the course each time, so please bookmark this or keep a copy of your order confirmation email which contains your URL.
If you misplace your URL at any time, please contact our help team and we'll quickly send you a replacement URL.
This updated version of the course has not yet been accredited.
It is expected to be accredited for 4-6 CEU hrs.
You can check the CEU accreditations here.
If you need help regarding any CE/CPD/CPE matter, please contact our customer help team.
How to Complete This Course
1. View the video tutorials in the video player above in the order they are listed (where applicable).
2. Study the course workbook in your own time, in tandem with the video classes, or as directed.
3. Review all of the course material several times to ensure understanding. You will be examined on all course material.
4. Complete the course exam.
5. On passing the course exam you will receive an email with your certificate which you may download and print.
Upon successful completion of the "Shoulder Master - Beyond the Throwing Athlete" online course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the anatomical structure and biomechanics of the shoulder joint, including the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and bones involved.
- Identify the most common shoulder injuries and conditions affecting athletes, including rotator cuff injuries, impingements, labral tears, and instability issues.
- Develop a comprehensive approach to assessing shoulder injuries and dysfunctions, including obtaining a patient history, performing a physical examination, and utilizing special tests and diagnostic imaging.
- Recognize the importance of addressing the kinetic chain and its impact on shoulder function, especially for athletes involved in throwing or overhead activities.
- Apply Sue Falsone's evidence-based strategies for shoulder rehabilitation and injury prevention, incorporating manual therapy techniques, therapeutic exercises, neuromuscular re-education, and functional training.
- Design and implement individualized shoulder rehabilitation programs tailored to the specific needs of athletes, considering their sport, position, and performance goals.
- Integrate a holistic approach to shoulder therapy, drawing on concepts from yoga and movement analysis, to promote optimal shoulder function, mobility, and stability.
- Understand the importance of patient education and empowerment, teaching athletes self-management strategies to prevent recurring shoulder issues and enhance long-term performance.
- Discuss the importance of collaboration with other healthcare professionals, coaches, and trainers to optimize outcomes for athletes with shoulder injuries or dysfunctions.
- Appreciate the unique challenges and considerations associated with working with throwing athletes, and apply evidence-based strategies to address their specific needs and goals.
- Reflect on Sue Falsone's career experiences and insights as a recognized authority in sports physical therapy and learn how to apply her expertise to your own practice as a manual therapist or fitness professional.
Help and Support
If you ever need help, you can always contact our awesome help team .
Just click on "Help" at the top or bottom of every page of our website.
Our help team work every day Mon-Fri. Please note that we do not work weekends or public holidays.
We will always respond within one working day.
Click here to take the exam. Once you pass the exam you may request a certificate (see below).
Request a Certificate
When you have successfully completed the exam you may click on the button below to request your free certificate.