Pregnancy Massage - NAT Diploma Course (5.5 CEUs)
This (5-7 hour) course is for therapists who wish to gain a further knowledge of pregnancy massage, and those who are looking to provide safe and effective pregnancy massage as a speciality.
Students will be able to demonstrate that they:
1. Understand the traditions around pregnancy massage, it’s history and role
2. Are able to demonstrate an understanding of what happens to the body during pregnancy and how this impacts on treatments
3. Can outline the safety aspects of pregnancy massage to enable the practitioner to give a safe and effective treatment
4. Understand the contraindications for pregnancy massage
5. Demonstrate an awareness of how massage treatments need to be adapted for pregnancy
6. Can name the acupressure points to avoid and why these are avoided
7. Can provide a comfortable massage experience for the pregnant client using appropriate and safe client positioning
8. Can safely select the appropriate oils for use in pregnancy massage
9. Are able to provide support for the woman in labour and post-partum
About the Course Presenter
Maureen Abson has more than twenty-five years teaching experience. In the course of her practice, she developed her own style combining fascial release, gentle focused pressure, and deep tissue massage with a structured focus on treating hands, feet, and head to be able to release tension in the rest of the body.
Maureen Abson runs a busy clinic in the North of England, and travels extensively to teach in the U.K., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mauritius, South Africa, and Israel.
Fully illustrated Pregnancy Massage course notes
Pocket Book of Pathology
Full colour illustrations
Easy "Quick Reference" format
16 online video classes presented by Maureen Abson
4K quality video accessed via our Virtual Classroom (password provided)
Watch anytime online or download on any device (PC, Mac, Tablet, Phone)
Online Exam comprising multiple choice questions
NAT Diploma - For more information click here
See table below for other CEU accreditations
Exam does not need to be completed in any one sitting. You may save your answers as you go along and return to continue at any time - internet connection required
Free Presentation Certificate issued on completion.
In order to complete the certification that comes with this course, you must be a licensed/qualified Manual Therapist, Massage Therapist, Trigger Point Therapist, Physical Therapist, Chiropractor, Nurse, Midwife, Occupational Therapist, OTA, PTA, Osteopath.
|Massage Therapists & Bodyworkers (NCBTMB)||5.5 CEU|
|Canadian Massage Therapists (CMMOTA formerly RMTA) - Alberta||3.0 CECs|
|Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy (OT/OTA) - CE Broker (“Patient Related”)||5.5 CEs|
|Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners (OT/OTA) - CE Broker (“Related to the Clinical Practice of Occupational Therapy”)||5.5 CEs|
|Florida Board of Massage Therapy (LMT) - CE Broker (“General”)||5.5 CEs|
|Georgia Board of Massage Therapy (LMT) - CE Broker (“General”)||5.5 CEs|
|Georgia Board of Nursing (LPN/RPN) - CE Broker (“General”)||5.5 CEs|
|Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy (OT/OTA) - CE Broker (“General Continuing Education”)||5.5 CEs|
|Tennessee Board of Massage Licensure (LMT) - CE Broker (“CE relevant to the practice of Massage Therapy”)||5.5 CEs|
Pregnancy Massage - NAT Diploma Course includes lifetime access to all online course assets (video classes, course text, exam, certification). All course assets may be accessed online via any device or downloaded.
We Also Recommend